(1) All offers, sales contracts, deliveries and services made on the basis of any orders by our customers (each, a "Customer") through our online shop www.kapten-son.me (the "Online Shop") shall be governed by these general terms and conditions of sale (the "General Terms and Conditions").
(2) Other terms or conditons do not apply, even if we do not especially contradict their application. they’re applicable, if their validity is explicitly aggreed to in writing.
(3) These business terms and conditions and the complete legal relationship between the contractual Patners shall be exclusively subject to the law of the federal republic of germany excluding the international uniform law, especially the UN Sales Conventions.
(1) Our offerings in the Online Shop are non-binding.
(2) Only by clicking ‘Place Order Now’ you close a legally binding order of all items in your shopping cart. By placing your order you are thus bound for two weeks. Your possible right of revocation as per §3 remains untouched.
(3) Without undue delay upon receipt of the order, we will send you by e-mail a confirmation of receipt, which shall not constitute an acceptance of the order. The order shall be deemed to be accepted by us either upon subsequent (e-mail) acceptance of the order or by dispatching the ordered items. The sales contract with the Customer shall not become effective until our acceptance
(1) The revocation period shall be 14 day upon receipt of the product. To exercise the revocation right, the customer must send a formless declaration to Kapten & Son GCC Official Store - Bellefontaine Middle East Trading LLC (by post: Fairmont Dubai, Office 622, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, per email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +971 (0)4 - 323 1191).
(2) Concerning this right of revocation we grant you the following (as pre-formulated by United Arab Emirates legislature)
You are entitled to withdraw from (revoke) your contractual declaration within 14 days without citing any reasons for doing so. The revocation period of 14 days begins on the day on which you, or a third party nominated by you who is not the carrier, take/takes the goods into possession. To execute your right of withdrawal (revocation), you have to inform us,Kapten & Son GCC Official Store - Bellefontaine Middle East Trading LLC (by post: Fairmont Dubai, Office 622, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, per email: email@example.com or by phone: +971 (0)4 - 323 1191), of your decision to withdraw from this contract through an explicit declaration (e.g. a letter sent via post, email or the provided form on our homepage). To comply with the time limit for the revocation, it is sufficient if the communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal is sent before the end of the revocation period.
If you revoke this contract, we have to immediately – and at the latest within 14 days from the day on which we received the announcement of your revocation of this contract – refund all payments we received from you, including the costs of delivery, except the additional costs that were incurred if you chose a different type of delivery than the cheapest standard delivery type offered by us. For the refund we will use the same method of payment that you used for the original transaction (unless we explicitly agreed something else with you); in no case will we charge any fees for this refund. We may withhold a refund until we have received the returned goods or until you have shown proof that you have sent back the goods, depending on which occurs first. You have to immediately (and in any case at the latest within 14 days from the day on which you informed us of the revocation of this contract) send back the goods or deliver them to us. The deadline is met if you send off the goods before the end of the revocation period of 14 days. The immediate return shipping costs have tob e borne by you. You are only liable for any potential loss of value of the goods if this loss of value can be attributed to any non-essential handling of the goods for the testing of the quality, properties and functionality by you.
(1) Our prices include statutory VAT, but are net of shipping costs. Any customs duties and similar public charges shall be borne by the Customer.
(2) The shipping costs are including in our pricing information in our online shop. Addional, the price, including staturory VAT and possible shipping charges is viewable in the order form, before you place your order.
(3) You may pay either by prepayment, credit card or Paypal. By payment per bank transfer the full amount must be transferred up to 7 day after concluding the order.
(4) The receipt will be send via post with the ordered items.
(1) Products shall be shipped from Kapten & Son’s storage to the address you’ve registered.
(2) Generally we expect, that the shipping within United Arab Emirates will take around 1-3 working days from the conclusion of the contract, if not agreed upon differently or stated otherwise in our Online Shop.
(3) Shipping abroad and within the GCC takes regularely 3-7 working days for directly deliverable items. Additional limitations could result from statements in our Online Shop.
(4) Please note, that all information concerning shipping or delivery are non-binding and do not represent contractual assurances.
(5) Should we at Kapten & Son, without fault on our part, not be able to deliver your ordered items, because our shipping provider does not fulfill his contractual obligations not only in the short term, we are entitled to rescind the contract with you.
(6) Your other rights remain unaffected.
(1) We, Bellefontaine Middle East Trading LLC, retain legal title to any product supplied by us until the purchase price (including VAT and shipping costs) for such product has been fully paid.
(1) Bellefontaine Middle East Trading LLC grants you with a warranty of 24 months from the date of purchase of your Kapten & Son products. This exists additionally to the legal warranty.
(2) Within the warranty period we will correct all defects, due to material or manufacturing defects free of charge. In those cases please reach out to our Service Crew via firstname.lastname@example.org . We will try to get in touch with you as quickly as possible and find a solution for the problem.
(3) Warranty does not cover
(4) The warranty does not extend by unauthorized interference of the buyer or third party. The warranty period does not prolongue through taking use of the warranty.
(5) If your Kapten & Son product has defects, please include your invoice as voucher when reclaiming the product.
(1) Unless otherwise specified, our liability for compensation is independent of the kind of breach of obligation and including unlawful acts limited to intentional or grossly negligent acts.
(2) In the case of the violation of key contractual violations, we shall be liable for any negligence, but only up to the amount of the foreseeable damage.
(3) All limitations or exclusions to liability will not refer to claims resulting from fraudulent behaviour.Furthermore, they shall not apply to liability for guaranteed characteristics and for claims according to the product liability law, as well as not to claims for injury to life, physical injury or damage to health.
(4) In the event that our liability should be excluded or limited, this also applies to our employees, workers, representative or performing and vicarious agents.
(5) Should Customer avail himself of his claim to supplementary performance, we will only fulfill by replacement delivery.
(1) General: Gift Cards are vouchers that you can buy. With the purchase of a Kapten & Son Gift Card or the usage of a Kapten & Son Gift Card, you accept our terms and conditions. You can only buy and redeem vouchers via the Kapten & Son online shop (kapten-son.com). You can use the Kapten & Son Gift Card to pay for the full value or part of the value of your selected item(s). If the value of your voucher is not sufficient to py for the full value of your selected item(s), you can choose another method of payment to settle the difference. Our customer service will be happy to help you with questions regarding the balance of your gift card.
(2) Delivery: You are obligated to provide a correct address for delivery of the Kapten & Son Gift Card. If you order a Kapten & Son Gift Card "to Go" you are obligated to provide a correct email address for delivery. If the address you have provided cannot be confirmed Kapten & Son reserves the right to withhold the delivery of tKapten & Son Gift Card(s).
(3) Redemption: You can only redeem your Kapten & Son Gift Card before you finish your order. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash and there is no interest on the balance of your Kapten & Son Gift Card. If a Kapten & Son Gift card is redeemed in an order, itt is not possible to use any promotional code for the same order. It is not possible to redeem more than one voucher per order.
(4) Validity: The Gift Card is valid for 2 years from date of purchase. After the expiry of the period of validity, the Kapten & Son Gift Card can no longer be used or activated, nor can a remaining balance be refunded. After its purchase, the Kapten & Son Gift Card can be used for 1 year, until the balance is zero. The Kapten & Son gift card can only be redeemed in the currency in which it was purchased.
(5) Exchange: The Kapten & Son Gift Card itself is excluded from the exchange.
(6) Return: If you use the online return process for items purchased with a Kapten & Son Gift Card, the amount of purchase for the items will be issued to your Gift Card’s balance before refund to other payment methods will be performed. Further information can be found in the “Right of Revocation” section at kapten-son.me .
(1)The exclusive place of jurisdiction for all and any disputes shall be - to the extent permissible by law - Dubai, United Arab Emirates. We shall be entitled to take legal action against Purchaser at anyplace where a statutory venue exists.
(2)An assignment of claims against us requires the prior written approval.
(3)You only have the right of offset against our demands if his counterclaims have been legally determined or are uncontested or approved by us. Addiontionally, you have the right to offset against our demands if you assert a notice of defetcs or counter-claims of the same purchase contract.
(4)You only have a right of retention, if you counter-claim refers to the same purchase contract.
(5)Legally relevant declarations and notifications, which are to be submitted towards us by the Buyer after conclusion of the contract (e.g. setting of deadlines, notifications of defects, declaration of cancellation or reduction), require the written form in order to be valid.
(6)Shall individual regulations of the contract with the Buyer, inlcuding these Genreral Terms and Conditions be partially or completley invalid or if a gap becomes apparent, the validity of the remaining regulations will not be affected by this. In that case, the invalid provision or omission shall be replaced by an appropriate valid provision which comes as close as possible to the original contract or terms of conditions in the will of all contract partners, the economic meaning and in good faith to the replaced provision.
(7)Changes and supplements to the present General Standard Terms and Conditions and/or other contractual relations require written form,this also applies for a waiver of the written form requirement.